Spark Ski Club
Spark Ski Club was established in 1958 by a small group of mountain loving friends. Spark is named in honour of a founding member who sadly passed during this time.
The club hut was built by a group of scouts after many hours lugging tools and materials up the old dirt track.
In 1959 the doors were flung open, and 'skiing' commenced from Spark.
Numerous additions and renovations have taken place since 1959, and Spark is a far cry from the original skiing shack. We are now proud to have 9 rooms with ensuites for the use of members, and their guests.
Members of Spark are known for their pioneering spirit, and we are lucky to have on record some vignettes of the early days of skiing in Australia.
Please click through to read their stories.
Schillers at Buller
Kerrisons in Tasmania in the 50s